CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Today was my last day of swimming lessons. It has been great! I have always been scared of deep water. I made sure all my kids learned how to swim, so they wouldn't have this fear. After going to visit Kandra this summer, I decided I needed to get over this fear. Luckily, Joe was teaching the adult swimming class at the Aloha pool. Joe taught Kandra and Brittani when we first moved here 13 years ago. He was the best teacher and we always hoped they would get him as a teacher each time they moved up a level. I had a panic attack two nights before I started lessons. I really didn't know if I would be able to follow through with it. Since I had paid for it, I didn't want to waste my money, so I went to the first class. He didn't make me go in the deep water the first few classes, so I survived the anxiety. After 8 lessons, I am now swimming in deep water!!! Yay! I have decided to take the next level of swimming class. I start again on Monday. I am not completely over my fear, but it is getting better and better. After I get this conquered, I think I will start working on my fear of hospitals. Anyway, Allie is also in swimming lessons. She was very upset that I made her take swimming lessons at first. She found that she is a natural in the water just like Kandra. So now she is loving it. She just finished her second session and has skipped several levels. She is now in the second highest level. She jumped off the diving board for the first time today. She was so nervous, but she did it. I am hoping she will continue swimming and join the high school swim team in the future.

1 comments:

Jesse said...

Hurray for you to SWIM! This is Jesse typing - saw your comment on Melissa's blog ( a fun way to keep up on everyone). I loved home teaching your fmaily. I cannot belive it has been four and a half years. My love to all your family!

Jesse